This is to inform the general public and all interested applicants that the management of Kwara State Polytechnic has begun the sale of forms for admission into ND (PT) & HND programmes of the school for 2022/2023 session. Interested applicants should see the list of available courses, admission requirements and how to apply below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes of the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, for the 2022/2023 Academic Session:
UNICATION TECHNOLOGY (IICT)
(i) Computer Science
(ii) Office Technology & Management
(iii) Mass Communication
5. INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IOT)
(i) Civil Engineering Technology
(ii) Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology
(iii) Mechanical Engineering Technology
(iv) Metallurgical Engineering Technology.
(v) Agricultural and Bio-
Environmental Engineering Technology
(vi) Welding and Fabrication Engineering Technology
(vii) Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering Technology.
D. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
(i.) HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
Applicants for admission into the HND programmes will be required to have the following qualifications:
- National Diploma (ND) with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant field and five relevant O/L credit passes at WASC, GCE, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings. These credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Evidence of one year post-National Diploma (ND) cognate experience (i.e. Industrial Training)
- Applicants with Pass Grade in the National Diploma (ND) will be required to have at least two years Post-National Diploma industrial experience.
- Applicants for Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology (Post-Harvest Technology option) are required to have at least a Lower Credit grade at National Diploma (ND) programme in any of the following:
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Food Science Technology
- Agricultural Engineering Technology
* Applicants for Metallurgical Engineering Technology are expected to be holders of National Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Technology only.
* Applicants for Mining Engineering Technology are expected to be holders of National Diploma in Mineral Resources Engineering Technology / Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering Technology or Mining Engineering Technology only.
* Holders of ND Computer Engineering are not admissible into HND Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology and HND Computer Science Programmes.
* Candidates will not be admitted into HND programmes different from those they had in their ND programmes.
* Holders of ND Mass Communication will not be admitted into HND Public Administration.
* Credit pass in Literature in English is compulsory for all Mass Communication applicants.
* IT IS MANDATORY FOR HND FULL TIME APPLICANTS TO FILL THE JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBERS USED FOR THEIR ND PROGRAMMES. ONLY APPLICANTS WITH JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBERS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
(ii) NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES (PART-TIME)
- Applicants for admission into Part-Time National Diploma (ND) programmes will be required to have a minimum of five O/L Credits in relevant subjects at SSCE, GCE, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
- CREDIT PASSES IN MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL APPLICANTS SEEKING ADMISSION INTO ANY PROGRAMME IN THE POLYTECHNIC. IN ADDITION, THE OTHER THREE SUBJECTS MUST BE RELEVANT TO THE COURSE OF CHOICE.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications for admission will be made fully online. To apply online for HND (FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME) ND (PART-TIME), log on to www.kwarastatepolytechnic.edu.ng and follow the instructions there.
- All applications attract a processing fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000:00) exclusive of bank and other transaction charges.
- All payments for application should be made through ‘College Pay’ using your Debit Card, Master Card, or Prepaid Card.
- It is MANDATORY for all HND Applicants to upload their ND and O’Level Results.
- It is also MANDATORY for all HND Applicants to forward their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar, Kwara State Polytechnic before admission can be processed.
- All ND (PT) Applicants are equally expected to upload their O’Level Results.
- Applicants sitting for the 2022 November/December Ordinary Level Examinations are not eligible for admission
- Applicants awaiting Ordinary Level Results should NOT apply.
- All applications close on Sunday, 31st July, 2022
- For any enquiry please contact: 08030832789, 07035236096